CARING FOR YOUR BIANKO JEWELLERY:
To maintain the original condition of your BIANKO jewellery please following the care tips below:
Silver in its pure form is very soft so it is mixed with other metals to make it stronger and more durable. The silver used in BIANKO jewellery is made up of 92.5% pure silver and a 7.5% mix of other alloys. You'll notice our Sterling silver items are stamped '925' to identify its quality.
It is not uncommon for Sterling silver jewellery to oxidise and become dull looking over time. This is a natural reaction to the chemicals in the air, heat and the body oils of the wearer. Discolouration can usually be fixed by gently rubbing the items with a silver jewellery cleaning cloth.
Please avoid contact with perfume, hairspray, chlorinated or salt water and cleaning products. Silver is a malleable (soft) metal, and can be damaged by careless wear and storage.
Many styles in the BIANKO collection are offered with rose gold and yellow gold plating. These items are made from a solid Sterling silver base and plated in 18K gold.
Gold plating is a thin layer and adequate care must be taken to prolong the finish of these items. Gold plated jewellery is considered more delicate that solid Sterling silver and gold jewellery. Over time, the plating will slowly wear away.
Please avoid contact with perfume, hairspray, chlorinated or salt water and cleaning products. Also avoid abrasive surfaces (for example, beach sand) as this will wear the plating away faster.Please follow the steps below to prolong the life of your gold plated jewellery:
- Wear your gold plated jewellery on a clean body (wash your hands before putting on your rings)
- Apply your perfume, makeup, hairspray or moisturiser first before putting on your jewellery
- Do not swim in your plated jewellery, in either salt water or chlorinated water.
- Do not wear your plated jewellery in the shower. If you do get your jewellery wet, please ensure you dry it promptly.
- Store your jewellery in a cool and dry environment, away from direct sunlight and separately from other jewellery.
- Do not wear plated jewellery doing any physical activity where you are perspiring
- Clean your plated jewellery gently with a soft jewellery cloth
- When cleaning your jewellery please use fresh water and a dry cloth, it is extremely important to remove all excess moisture from your BIANKO jewellery.
Please take special care of your BIANKO jewellery and follow the advise listed about. Damage from careless wear/storage is not the responsibility of BIANKO